Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Great Race Inline Half Marathon




Half marathon:

Finally, sun. That was something to be excited about after two days of pouring rain. The race started and after about a mile someone went on a break away. Not sure who it was but I did not worry too much I knew if anything got to drastic me and Anderson would real it in. The pace was pretty high until we got to some hills. At this point the flyer which was at about 350 meters out looked as if he was starting to tire. Once we hit the first hill I through in an attack that was chased by Team Bont. Then in just moments later we came to another hill in which I attacked hard my legs were fatigued as I neared the top from the first burst. I notice that I was not feeling strong because of a lack of hydration from the day before. The pack at this point split to the more experienced skaters. Not the damage that I would hope for. Then Mike Anderson attacked and my legs were very tired from my own attacks. I let the pack chase and then spanned the gap up to Anderson. It was now just me and Anderson and we began to work together to the finish. We are fellow competitors who both have time trial strength. His pulls were strong and I felt weak. Though never out of site of the lead pack we hit the final stretch(2 miles) still out in front. After my pole I think Anderson felt my weakness and put in a real strong pull. My muscles just were not working and it was very frustrating to watch someone I know I could beat skate way from me like nothing. Anderson went onto win the race. A that point nothing really mattered to me much and I skated just fast enough to finish ahead of the lead pack. I almost missed the last turn which would have cost me 2nd place. Anderson deserved the victory because he was the strongest man of the day. I can’t wait to face him at the next one. Danny Fredricks won the field sprint which was very large. The Great race is a top notch event and one of my favorites.

Men 10k1- Mike Anderson (Bont)Peter Starykowicz (TUSA/Rainbo)2- Peter Starykowicz (TUSA/Rainbo)3- Danny Frederick (Team Aloe Up)4- Bobby Piedra (Bont)Women 10k1- Helen Havam(Bont)3- Mechele Bubsy(Bont)
2- Rebecca George

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home