Monday, October 08, 2007

A2A Prelude

You can skip to the story race story below, if you want. Well there I sat a 1.5 weeks before A2A wondering what I was going to skate on. I was hoping that my new Custom's would arrive in the mail before the race but it was becoming clear that they weren’t. I couldn’t skate on my Custom 6.5 mount because the carbon had cracked half way around the one of the mounting blocks. I could not send them to be fixed because the boot maker was all the way in Canada. My custom 7.5 mount had both front mounting blocks loose on them. I have no functional boot before an 87 mile race. So, I send the boot next day to the boot maker, he remounts the blocks and sends them back. Great, problem solved. No not really, I get them back and one of the blocks is still loose. He explains to me how to fix it and I am on my way with a barrowed 110mm frame. I skate the new frame boot combo Wed/Thurs and I am just not happy with the way I feel in the boots. In my Custom 6.5 mount's I am quick, light, maneuverable, and comfortable. I have to skate my Custom 6.5 mount's . I take a 1mm spacing block that is wider than the mounting block and epoxy the hell out of it to the boot creating a splint. That would be what I would race on, good old fashion 6.5 with with 100mm wheels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home